Waterworks Players will take Southside audiences to Monkswell Manor, a once-regal estate converted into a guesthouse for its August production of Agatha Christie’s Mousetrap. This legendary “whodunit” opened in London’s West End in 1952 and has been running continuously to this day. It has been presented in 27 different languages in more than 50 countries around the world.
Scott C Chapman will direct the production. The play centers on a group of people stranded during a snowstorm in a remote part of the countryside who discover, to their horror, that there is a murderer in their midst. Who can it be? One by one the suspicious characters reveal their sordid pasts until at the last, nerve-shredding moment the identity and the motive are finally revealed. This is a cracking yarn and an irresistible treat for amateur sleuths everywhere.
We are seeking 8 actors of various ages for the following roles (character ages are approximate):
- Mollie Ralston, late 20s, a tall, pretty young woman, the owner of Monkswell Manor.
- Giles Ralsong, late 20s, an attractive, young man, he is Mollie’s husband.
- Christopher Wren, mid 20s, a hyperactive, flighty, neurotic guest at Monkswell Manor.
- Mrs. Boyle, early 50s, an imposing, critical, stern, unpleasant guest at Monkswell Manor.
- Major Metcalf, early 50s or older, a typical retired British military officer and guest at Monkswell Manor.
- Miss Casewell, late 20s, a strange, aloor and a bit masculine woman and guest at Monkswell Manor.
- Mr. Paravicini, late 30s to early 40s, an unexpected guest at Monkswell Manor with a foreign accent.
- Sergeant Trotter, mid to late 20s, a late arriving guest at Monkswell Manor and detective.
Auditions will be held at 6:30 pm on Sunday and Monday, May 5th & 6th at the Waterworks Theater. There will be cold readings from the script. In addition, we need a number of stagehands to assist during technical week rehearsals and the four public performances.
The show runs July 26, 27 and August 2, 3 at 8pm. There is also a matinee on July 28 at 2pm.
There will be a read-thru with the cast the week of May 13-17 at 7:00 pm. The preferred date is May 15th. Please note any conflicts that week, so we can schedule/ confirm that rehearsal. Regular rehearsals begin on Monday, June 17, 2019, at 7:00 pm. For more information or to volunteer, contact the Waterworks Players at 434-392-3452 or firstname.lastname@example.org.